How to Apply:
Complete the contact information below and upload your application documents (cover letter and resume) as one file in the "Resume" field below. Please name your file using the following naming format: Last name, First name. When finished, click "Submit Application".
Duration of Assignment:
- July to August
- Please note mandatory training for the assignment will occur prior to start
To organize and implement games, arts and crafts for Summer Camp Programs. To provide a quality program experience to children reflecting the HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development.
- To have an understanding of child development and foster the healthy child development of campers.
- To support the objectives and philosophies of Summer Camp Programs as established by the Community Services Department through quality programming, leadership and excellent public and staff relations.
- To display knowledge, skills and abilities which provide competent leadership in specific camp activities
- To present a comprehensive Camp Program as developed by the Community to meet the needs of all participants.
- To be available as a knowledgeable resource to the participants, parents and staff.
- To arrive at the facility 15 minutes prior to the start of the programs to set up for the camp participants.
- To ensure the protection and safety of the public that will participate in Summer Camp Programs.
- To display knowledge, skills and abilities which will qualify the leadership in a specific designated camp activity. Actual successful leadership is critical.
- To maintain a good working relationship with the Recreation Coordinator, Camp Coordinator, Leaders, and volunteers.
- To attend all staff trainings and the in-service staff training programs.
- To maintain a good working relationship with the other County of Brant sponsored programs and agency partners.
- To report any potential safety hazards, accidents or problems immediately to the Camp Coordinator.
- To report any problem that may arise during a designated period to the Camp Coordinator or the Recreation Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C.
- Current Criminal Reference Check.
- HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification
- Experience working with children and experience in program area. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Punctual and dependable.
Other Pertinent Data
Working Conditions: Camp programs are offered in various schools and community centers.
Core Working Hours: Varies by program season and registrations – evening and weekend hours.
Start/End Date: TBD with one week of Holidays
The County of Brant is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the County if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.