After School Program Senior Leader
|Open Date||Jun 18 2019 - 02:27:00 PM||Close Date||Aug 16 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||After School Program Senior Leader||Posting Type||Contract Non-union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Contract|
|Department Group||Recreation & Community Development Division||Hours per Week||15|
|Department||Community & Protective Services||Openings||3|
|Location||To be determined|
How to Apply:
Complete the contact information below and upload your application documents (cover letter and resume) as one file in the "Resume" field below. Please name your file using the following naming format: Last name, First name. When finished, click "Submit Application".
Basic Function General Purpose
The After School Program Senior Leader will assist in the setting-up and maintenance of the After School Program for the County of Brant, Community & Protective Services Department, to meet the needs of all participants and ensure adequate safety while facilitating the program. They are to organize and implement games, sports and arts & crafts for the After School Program. They will provide a quality program experience to participants reflecting the HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development.
Principal Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- To have an understanding of child development and foster the healthy child development of program participants. Including interacting positively with children and understand/implement the principles of healthy child development.
- To support the objectives and philosophies of the After School Program as established by the Community & Protective Services Department through quality programming, leadership, and excellent public and staff relations.
- To display knowledge, skills and abilities which provide competent leadership in specific program activities. Leadership and supervisory qualities are very important.
- To assist in the planning, promotion and implementation of the Afterschool Program. Provide volunteers and peers guidance, development and opportunities.
- To be the main contact for the Recreation Coordinator and Parents/Guardians of participants.
- To provide an inclusive and educational program environment for program participants and staff.
- To provide a safe environment for all staff and participants.
- To oversee all Leaders and volunteers and to assist them with the overall program experience.
- To be available as a knowledgeable resource to the participants, parents/guardians and staff.
- To arrive at the facility 15 minutes prior to the start of the recreation program to set up for the participants and cleanup program area afterwards.
- To attend and participate in all staff training programs.
- Respond promptly to all County of Brant communications, within 24 hours.
- To maintain inventory of program supplies. Provide updates to Recreation Coordinator when supplies need replenishing.
- Planning and purchasing supplies for daily snack portion of program. Keeping dietary concerns of all participants in mind throughout and consulting Recreation Coordinator for appropriate spending amounts.
- To ensure the protection and safety of public that will participate in the After School Program.
- To maintain a good working relationship with other County of Brant sponsored programs and with all School Board personnel.
- To report any potential safety hazards, accidents or problems immediately to the Recreation Coordinator.
- To complete daily facility and equipment checks.
- To distribute any necessary schedules and documents for program leaders and participants.
- To present oneself as a positive role model for all staff and program participants.
- To respect all school facilities and maintain a clean environment.
- To take responsibility for any problem that may arise during a designated period and deal with it accordingly.
- To provide feedback to the Recreation Coordinator regarding the program.
- To be familiar with the County of Brant, Recreation & Community Development Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Recreation & Community Development Staff Manual
- To be responsible for finding a suitable replacement if necessary and for submitting time sheet, accounting for hours worked, on a weekly basis to Recreation Coordinator.
- Responsible for program phone, phone charger and facility keys. Must return all items to Recreation Coordinator on the last day of program.
- May require travelling throughout the County of Brant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C & AED
- Current Criminal Records Check. (or willing to obtain)
- HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development
- Safe Food Handlers Certificate would be an asset
- Experience working with children and experience in program area. Strong organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills. Exhibits a high degree of initiative, self-direction and professionalism. Able to work well in fast paced, team environment and independently. Punctual and dependable.
Other Pertinent Data
Working Conditions: After School Programs are offered in various schools throughout the County of Brant
Core Working Hours: 3:00-6:00pm or 2:30-5:30pm depending on program school- no program on holidays or during school closures
Wage: $16.26 per hour
Start/End Date: September - June, Monday- Friday
The County of Brant is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the County if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.