How to Apply:
Complete the contact information below and upload your application documents (cover letter and resume) as one file in the "Resume" field below. Please name your file using the following naming format: Last name, First name. When finished, click "Submit Application".
- Three-year Post Secondary School education in Civil Engineering or suitable equivalent
- Three years of related work experience
- CET designation (or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire).
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including report writing and presentations.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills that are resolution oriented.
- Ability to interpret applicable legislation.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex issues.
- Dedicated to a high degree of professionalism and setting standards of excellence.
- Ability to organize work and resources in a fast paced team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MS Access, Arc Info, Adobe X Pro.
- Valid driver’s licence and provision of own vehicle.
- Demonstrated safe work practices
- Experience in development in the municipal and/or private sector.
- Act as the County’s representative for administering the new Site Alteration Bylaw.
- Receive, review, accept and track all applications under the Site Alteration Bylaw.
- Receive, review and accept all Site Plans submitted in support of Building Permits, as well as Individual Lot Grading Certificates.
- Respond to all enquiries related to lot grading and drainage from the public, builders, developers and members of Council.
- Ensure compliance with agreements related to lot grading.
- Administer the financial securities such as, cost estimates for site works, deposits and release of securities as it relates to lot grading.
- In-field review of construction related to lot grading and drainage.
- Will work with peer reviewers, staff and solicitor when required.
- To provide assistance to County staff,and the County’s Peer Reviewer for Plan of Subdivisions, condominiums, site plan approvals, and other relevant planning applications, including lot grading matters.
- Prepares reports to Committee and Council, and letters as required.
- Will attend Committee and Council meetings as required.
- Facilitate the provision of exemplary customer service
- Ensure new growth and development is consistent with the corporate goals and objectives of the municipality, ensuring effectiveness and efficiencies of all engineering matters as it relates to lot grading.
- Other duties as assigned.
Annual salary range: $68,578 - $80,244 (Job Grade 7) 35 hours per week; Flexibility of work hours is required
The County of Brant is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the County if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.