Facility Attendant/General Maintenance - Part-Time Contract (Non-Unionized Position)
|Open Date||May 06 2019 - 10:48:00 AM||Close Date||May 21 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Facility Attendant/General Maintenance - Part-Time Contract (Non-Unionized Position)||Posting Type||Contract Non-union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Contract|
|Department Group||Parks & Facilities Division||Hours per Week||5-24|
|Department||Community & Protective Services||Openings||1|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Location||Syl Apps Community Centre, Paris|
How to Apply:
Complete the contact information below and upload your application documents (application form and resume) as one file in the "Resume" field below. Please name your file using the following naming format: Last name, First name. When finished, click "Submit Application".
- Secondary school education.
- Good knowledge of facility maintenance practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the Liquor License Act as it pertains to Special Occasion Permits
- Demonstrated knowledge of cleaning techniques, grounds maintenance and related equipment
- Good communication, records management and interpersonal skills
- Good safe work practices
- Standard First aid, CPR, AED and WHMIS training
- Valid Class G driver’s license
- Acceptable Police Records Check
Assets: Any of the following;
- Park Maintenance and Operations Training, Smart Serve Certificate,
- Post Secondary Education in a recreation field
- Experience in Mechanics, Plumbing and Carpentry would be an asset
Facilities Operations Duties:
- Responsible for and maintaining the cleanliness of the building by performing various cleaning and daily maintenance duties
- Involved in the operation and maintenance of the facilities, parks and trails.
- Provide direct support to facility users
- Maintain the downtown Paris area and River Access on weekends
- Supervision of part-time and seasonal staff
- Over seeing Alcohol events and bartending when required( Airport Hall)
- Ball diamond maintenance, grooming, lining, painting lines, cutting grass.
- Reviews assignments and event schedules for maintenance and use of facilities – ensures that facilities are ready for use and machinery and equipment are functioning properly
- Ensures that facilities and parks are maintained in a safe, clean and attractive condition
- Perform general maintenance duties such as minor repairs in the facilities
- Maintains outside grounds, Synthetic turf, Banquet halls, Airport Community Hall, Lawn bowling clubhouse and green, parks and canoe launch areas
- Handling of cash and payments for rentals, vending equipment
- Handling of inquiries for rentals
- Assists in ensuring that Occupational Health and Safety practices, policies and procedures are strictly adhered to
- Ensures that fire prevention practices and regulations are adhered to
- Documenting of maintenance duties, rentals, daily routines, emergency services, health and safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned
Hourly Rate: $16.96 per hour
Hours per Week: 5-24 hours per week (rotating shift work including evenings and weekends)
The County of Brant is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the County if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.